Looking for a meaty dish for the week. Turn on that heat in the oven and cook some mutton. We bet this will turn out amazing. This mutton leg roast is a delicious treat which can be enjoyed in the supper or even lunch. You can have it with roasted vegetables and some rice or pilaf. Here is the recipe:
Lamb Leg with Bone (all visible fat removed)
Potatoes – 2 Medium
Zucchini – 3 Medium
Lemon Juice of ½ Lemon or 3 Small Lemons
Meat tenderizer powder – 2 tbsp.
Garlic and Ginger paste – 1 tbsp each
Soya Sauce – 1 ½ tbsp.
Sweet Chilli Sauce – 2 tbsp.
Salt – To taste
Black Pepper – 1 ½ tbsp.
Crushed Red Chilli flakes – 1 tbsp.
Rosemary sprigs – 1 tsp.
Olive Oil – ¼ cup or 4 tbsp.
- Remove any visible fat from the lamb leg and poke the meat with fork at various places.
- Massage thoroughly with ½ of mentioned olive oil until no space is left ungreased.
- Mix the meat tenderizer powder, lemon juice, garlic and ginger paste in a small bowl.
- Start by coating meat tenderizer mixture evenly using an oil brush or hands.
- Mix salt, black pepper, crushed chilli flakes, soya sauce and sweet chilli sauce in another small bowl.
- Rub this spice mixture on the leg evenly and set aside for 2 – 3 hours.
This spicy marinade is finger lickin’ good as hell…
- Preheat the oven (top and bottom grills) to 250 °C degree celsius for 15-18 minutes.
- Line a roasting pan preferably 9′ x 13′ – 2′ inch with aluminum foil.
- Cut the potatoes and zucchini (along with skins) in medium sized wedges.
- Put the wedges in a bowl and toss evenly with remaining olive oil mixed with rosemary, salt and black pepper.
- Place the marinated lamb leg in the center of the foiled pan.
- Add the coated veggies to the sides of lamb leg and place in the oven for about 25 – 30 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, with the help of fork or tongs switch the leg upside down for even cooking. Cook for another 5-10 minutes if required.
- Lightly toss the vegetables with a fork to get an even golden color from all sides.
Best served with pilaf or naan bread.
Bon Appetite !!